We’re that church, founded in 1959 by Dick Benjamin. Over the years we’ve planted churches, trained leaders, and dedicated ourselves to our mission. Including people, training them in their God-given gifts, and equipping them.
We’re that church. The one that had the roof collapse back in 2012. Remember the record-breaking snowfall Alaska had that year? Our roof remembers.
We’re that church, the one on the corner of Lake Otis & Abbott.
Our Core Values
ALL IN ALL TOGETHER
- In the inspiration of all Scripture, each and every word; that the Old and New Testaments are the infallible word of God, inerrant in the original writings, and are the supreme authority for faith and life. 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20, 21
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. John 10:30; John 14:26; Philippians 2:5-7
- That Jesus Christ is the Son of God. We believe in: His virgin birth; His sinless life; His miracles; His atoning death for us; His bodily resurrection; His ascension to the right hand of God the Father, and in His personal return to this earth in power and glory.
- That all have sinned and that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through the blood of Christ.
- That regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for personal salvation. John 3:16; John 5:24; Titus 3:3-7
- That a person is justified by faith in Jesus Christ, not by works. Galatians 2:15-21
- That the redemptive work of Christ provides healing for the whole person: body, soul, and spirit. Luke 9:11; Matthew 9:35; Acts 10:38; Matthew 10:1
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling presence the believer is enabled to live a godly life which manifests the fruit of the Spirit. John 14:15-26; John 16:5-16; Ephesians 1:13-14
- That a person baptized with the Holy Spirit is enabled to speak with new tongues. Mark 16:17; Act 2:4; Acts 19:6
- That the gifts of the Holy Spirit, as listed in 1 Corinthians 12-14, are for the edification of the church today. 1 Corinthians 12:4-11; 1 Peter 4:10
- In water baptism by immersion in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the Lord Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:19; Romans 6:4; Matthew 3:13-17
- That we remember the Lord’s death in the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper. His blood purchased salvation for us. His broken body purchased healing for us. Matthew 26:26-30; Mark 14:22-26; Luke 22:19,20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-29
- In the reality and personality of our enemy, Satan, and as believers in Jesus we have authority over him. Colossians 1:12-13; Mark 16:17; Ephesians 4:8
- That the ministries of apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher, elder, and deacon are for the equipping and edification of the church today. Ephesians 4:12-13
- That God is building a glorious church that will fulfill the Great Commission. Matthew 16:18
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the saved to eternal life and the lost to eternal judgment. Matthew 25:31-46; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18