1. Love like Jesus: Love first, love big, love always. Love drives and fuels all kingdom activity. I will be committed to keep my love on to the best of my ability and aspire to love everyone like Jesus. (1 Cor. 13)
2. Commitment to honor: I will see others as equal value to my needs and self. Even in a person’s weaknesses, I will continue to see and treat them with honor and respect.
3. Vulnerability and connection: I will be willing to bring my real self to connect in relationship with others here at Unite Church. I am willing to lay down my emotional armor to know and be known by others in the body. (Philippians 2:1-5)
4. Aggressive pursuit of humility: I understand that I am mostly blind and that I only have a sight spot. This means I can only see one percent of the whole picture, and my mind is filling the rest of the blanks with assumptions. This understanding automatically triggers humility as a response in my life. This reveals that I need others to help me see the whole picture and to seek their perspective. I am willing to passionately pursue humility in my life and leadership at Unite Church.
5. Courage to have healthy conflict: I will not hide the truth because I’m scared. I will speak the truth driven from love and honor to others I am in relationship with. I will work hard to mature in my ability to resolve conflict in love. (Colossians 3:13)
6. Restoration and repentance: I am committed to taking personal responsibility to repair any broken relationship in my life to the best of my ability. I am committed to following Jesus’ instructions on how to restore relationships. If I am offended or know that I have offended someone, I will take responsibility to bring healing and restoration to that offense. (Matt. 18:15-17) I will own my mistakes and make them right. When I make a mess with someone, I will clean up my mess.
7. Passion for continual improvement: I am committed to continue learning and improving in my understanding, knowledge, gifts, skills, and character. I desire to reach my maximum potential, and I am willing to do the work to get there.
8. Commit to have fun: No matter how hard the circumstances, we can always choose to live in joy. I will take the time to enjoy the journey to celebrate my personal wins and the wins of the team.
9. Unity: I am committed to preserving unity above my own desires, goals, wants, and frustrations. I believe unity attracts the Holy Spirit, and that is my aim.
10. Commitment to enjoy the challenge: I want to receive challenge from my oversight, my peers and from those I lead. I believe that when I am challenged, the challenge makes me better, so I commit to making it easy for others to speak into my life. I will practice 360 degrees of humility. I understand that God will sometimes even use an antagonist to help me grow in my character, and I am up for the challenge!